Chip Carver's METRIC GRID/TEMPLATE - Precise holes and marks at 4mm & 10mm
TEMPLATE/GRID TOOL: 160mm x 80mm
- Using a common metric ruler or T-square, that includes ten very small and close 1mm spaces within each centimeter, to layout a “grid” - or any design requiring one or more horizontal rows or vertical columns, can be trying, even if one uses a T-square to extend pencil lines in each direction. There are “tricks” for making the job easier, but my eyes (and patience) are usually flagging after I’ve marked just one series of 4mm marks, in each direction.
- This precision Chip Carvers’ Metric Grid Template makes it easy to layout a section measuring 156mm by 76mm (about 6" x 2-3/4") without having to “squint” or clear your focus even once!
- A "Grid" this size, or smaller, can be created in just a few minutes. If more rows and/or columns are needed, simply place the top (or side) row of holes over the last row of marks and keep going.
- What about designs that are based on intervals (spaces) of 1mm, 3mm, 15mm, etc.?
- The 2mm marks (on all 4 edges of both Rulers) are crystal clear, making it easy to place the pencil in the center of any two 2mm marks at the edge of the Ruler. This provides 1mm spacing if needed. If a single "odd" numbered space (3mm, 5mm, etc.) is needed for centering or shifting a standard design, use the 1mm technique just mentioned.Do so just once, then shift the ruler in either direction and use 2mm or 4mm marks (or holes) starting at that point, to continue with normal markings. The possibilities and uses for this Ruler are endless.